How does the whole process work?
Here are the steps:
- Quote. Pricing is based on square footage, material chosen (see basic options), design chosen, and package/shipping. Once approved, a deposit is collected. The templating and install fees are separate from material and extras like logos/graphics. Templating and/or installing can be done by the customer, a certified installer, or CMF.
- Design. Customer and CMF coordinate to come up with a viable package which includes color(s), texture, logos/graphics, style, and layout. (see basic options)
- Templating. Customer sends in a template of area(s) to be covered or, CMF installer goes to the boat to template, or the boat is brought to CMF.
- Digitizing. The template is digitized to convert the template to a vector format and smooth out the drawing.
- CAD Process. This file is then converted to a final drawing in CAD. This further smooths out the lines and adjusts for exact sizing. Here, logos/graphics are added as well as outlines, faux teak lines, etc.
- Approval. At this point, the customer gets to see a dimensioned rendering of the final design layout. Once approved, the pads are cut on a CNC machine. Dry fit kits are available for further assurance of proper fit.
- Final Payment. Prior to packaging/shipping (or installing, if local), the final payment is collected.
- Delivery. Once payment is received, the pads are either installed locally, shipped for installation by certified installer, or shipped to the end customer for install.